Pre-IB Admission Test: November 2020
G7 Students: Are you ready?
Pre-IB French Prep. Session: Nov. 23, 2019 - Nov. 14, 2020
Langstaff Community Center
155 Red Maple Road, Richmond Hill (Bayview/HW 7)
10:00 - 12:00 pm or 1:00 -3:00 pm on Sat.
Highlights of the G7 Pre-IB French Course:
· Delivered by an IBO Appointed Examiner
· G7/8 curriculum enhancement and enrichment to be able to achieve top grades on G7/8 Report Card
· Regular updates about the progress of your child based on regular assessments
· An intensive course that will include 3 levels (A1.3, A2.1 & A2.2 level) in one year
· Full language proficiency improvement: Understanding, speaking, reading and writing
· Collaborative projects with writing and presentation assignments
· Provides the required knowledge and skills for entry into Pre-IB G9 program
Most updated Pre-IB/IB information from both IBO and Specific IB school (i.e. Bayview S.S.) for 2019-2020 school year
Background of the Instructor:
· IBO appointed Senior Examiner
· DELF-Certified French Official Language Test Corrector
· 10 years of experience teaching in IB Schools
· Ontario Certified Teacher teaches French Immersion program in Ontario Catholic Schools
T.E.A. Instructor brings a rich background to TEA and is known for the special emphasis she places on communication in the classroom. She is an appointed Examiner of the IBO Internal Assessment. In addition, She has gained expertise in teaching all grades and levels of French. Thanks to her extensive knowledge and more than 15 years of experience in the area of language acquisition and curriculum, she designed all 3 parts of our pre-IB entrance program for students who want to enter the IB Program in Grade 9. Her ability to motivate students, integrity and the methodology used in teaching has consistently reaped outstanding results at TEA. Our students express much enthusiasm in attending her classes which they say are creative and have a major impact on their learning.
Important message regarding the changes of 2019 Pre-IB Admission Tests:
·The formats of the Pre-IB Admission Test have been changes for York Region Public School Board (5 IB Schools including Bayview SS) and Victoria Park CI. Please check the school website for the details.
2019-2020 Course Schedule:
This is a 10-month continuous program (3+1 sessions) scheduled for your child in order to fully prepare them for pre-IB Admission test normally takes place at the end of November every year:
Prep Session: Nov 23rd - Jan 25th, 2020 (Sat.) 10:00-12:00 pm or 1:00-3:00 pm; Total 7 lessons (14hrs)
Enhancement Session: Feb 8th - June 20th (Sat.) 10:00-12:00 pm or 1:00-3:00 pm; Total 16 lessons (32hrs)
Summer Session (optional): *There will be 4 lessons (10 hours) scheduled in July. Please check our schedule in May.
Review Session: Sept 5th - Nov. 14th (Sat.) 10:00-12:00 pm 1:00-3:00 pm; Total 10 lessons (20 hrs)
IB-Plus program is also available for Grade 9-10 and Grade 11-12 Students, please call for the details.